Thursday 7 May 2015

Thoughts and Plans for the Oral Presentation

The finish line is in sight! (almost...)


With deadline day looming next week, I now look ahead to the oral presentations which are due to take place towards the end of May. Fortunately they fall during the May half term which means I shall be loading up the car and driving down early Wednesday morning of the 27th. Due to current work commitments, and various touring contracts prior to my current position, I have yet to actually set foot on campus, and so am looking forward to being present for something other than Skype-based conversation! (Not that they haven't been a life saver over the duration of this BAPP programme...!) 

Naturally I am curious to discover in greater detail what it is my fellow Module 3'ers have been busy working on over the months. The ten minute question and answer session that follows the main body of the presentation could prove difficult to prepare for in that there is no way to accurately anticipate the sorts of questions I could potentially be asked. There is however, something comforting in the notion that all of us who are present during the same scheduled day/time slot will all be able to put ourselves in each others shoes. I anticipate that because we will all be aware of the learning journey that has preceded the presentation, support amongst the group will be fantastic, especially if the Web 2.0 SIG's are anything to by!

In order to present my findings on motivation within the drama classroom, my personal motivation will come from presentations/speeches that have in the past been extremely organised, succinct, relevant and interesting. I doubt I need to point out the irony in talking about body language that would suggest a lack of motivation, only to look out in front of me and find you all asleep in your chairs! My current plan is use software just as Power Point, and to include some visual, auditory and kinaesthetic sources to cater for the variety of learning styles that could be present. Not only will this (hopefully) make for a more interesting presentation, it also reflects some of the themes that have emerged from carrying out my inquiry; such as ensuring everyone can access the information through differentiation of the resources. 

I am also looking forward to meeting with fellow course members/advisor and actually putting a real life face to a blog name or email address! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pip

    I have been also thinking about the Oral Presentation in the past days. I agree with you that must be very reliving (if that is the better word) to be able to present on the actual University Campus. Skype is a great communication resource, and for sure was a life saver during this course. However, I still don’t fell so comfortable with it and I wish I could make the presentation live .I would like to not only present my work to the other students, but also meet my course colleagues and see everyone else works. Maybe after we could see a way to each other tell a bit about your work, I am very much interested on your research and some of the other students as well.

    For the Oral Presentation, I am actually a bit confuse if I will end up presenting just for the advisors or will be a Skype Conference with the other students... I am planning also some power points slides, present how the process began and was developed and show interesting facts, conclusions, observations etc. I would like also to present the Professional Artefact, if possible... I don’t end up being a very confusing and boring speech as well, and now with the work all done (I can’t even believe!) , I can have a deep look into it and select what would be fundamental and interesting to present.

    Hope I can read about your work soon! And good luck for this final period of the course !

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete